Explore What the 2021 Chevy Silverado HD Can Do For You
Increased Max Towing Capability
No trucks work harder than Silverado HD, from moving equipment to the job site to towing a prized possession. For 2021, Chevrolet engineers increased the max towing capacity 500 pounds for an available best-in-class max tow rating of up to 36,000 pounds on Silverado 3500 HD Work Truck, Regular Cab, dual-rear-wheel, two-wheel-drive models equipped with the 6.6L Duramax diesel and 10-speed Allison transmission and Max Tow Package. Hardware updates to the suspension and packaging changes to the wheels helped achieve the new tow rating, making this Silverado even more capable during the toughest jobs.
Enhanced Trailering Tech for More Views and Towing Confidence
The Silverado HD sets the bar for towing technology, offering up to a class-leading available 15 unique camera views2 and eight cameras for towing confidence. For 2021, Chevrolet further separates itself from the competition with enhanced trailering technology also available on the 2021 Silverado 1500, including:
- Trailer Length Indicator: When making a lane-change maneuver with the turn signal activated, a red overlay twice the length of the compatible trailer is shown on the center console screen, which can help show when other vehicles are present.
- Jack-Knife Alert: Tracks the position of the compatible trailer in relation to the vehicle and provides an alert if a potential jack-knife situation is imminent.
- Cargo Bed View enhancement: Cargo Bed Zoom View and Bed Hitch Guidance are now available, which help to align and hook up a gooseneck/fifth-wheel trailer.
- Rear Trailer View now features guidelines and Trailer-Angle Indicator2: Enhanced to include assisting guidelines when backing a compatible trailer into place and a Trailer-Angle Indicator shows the relationship between the truck and trailer.
- Rear Side View enhancement: Provides a split view, automatically biased based on the trailer’s angle, of the left and right sides of the truck and compatible trailer. This view was previously only available while driving forward and is now available in Reverse for better visibility when positioning a trailer.
Even More Available and Standard Equipment
- Bed View Camera6 display located in a rearview mirror screen insert now available on Work Truck, Custom and LT.
- Bed View Camera display located in the infotainment screen now standard on High Country and available on LTZ and LT.
- SiriusXM radio4 and OnStar5 now available on Work Truck and standard on LT.
- Safety Confidence Package available on Work Truck and Custom. Package includes Forward Collision Alert6, Automatic Emergency Braking6, Driver Information Center and Steering Wheel Audio Controls.
- Wireless Phone Projection on Apple CarPlay7 and Android Auto8 standard for LTZ and High Country, and available on LT.
- Front center console with storage now standard on Work Truck and Custom.